Resources for musicians, parents, and students
One of the missions of the Louise Catherine Music Studio is to provide resources for musicians, students, and parents. My goal is to provide resources that are affordable (if not free) and relevant. I hope what I provide to you is useful. If you have any suggestions or request, please let me know.
Piano and Keyboard
- 10 things you should do before your child begins piano lessons.
- Andersonstown Traditional & Contemporary Music School: Keyboard Handbook
- Free piano books in PDF
- Hands separately practice- Useful or not?
- How to begin a new piece: Part 1
- How to manage repetition in practice.
- Intermediate scales manual
- Here is why you should buy an 88-key digital piano
- Hand care tips for piano players: Keyboard lesson
- Learning piano as an adult, 9 tips for beginners you need to know
- 20-minute practice session
- MusicTheory.Net: Introductory and intermediate music theory lessons, exercises, ear trainers, and calculators
- Music Theory Fundamentals: Music Theory Fundamentals is a place for you to learn and practice music theory, rhythm, and ear training
- Mastering Music Theory: Major and Minor Modes