About Louise Catherine Music Studio
Dr. Jocelyn L. Steward - Owner and teacher
Free Lesson - Sign Up Today
August Special Package Discounts
Even more on lesson pages
$ 90 5 lessons
$ 180 5 lessons
$ 67 5 lessons
About the Studio
The Louise Catherine Music Studio offers a variety of music lessons in Smyrna, GA (and the surrounding area) and online.
It is owned by Dr. Jocelyn L. Steward – Jocelyn to students. I’m thankful you took the time to read my bio.
As a teacher, I will help you learn skills to master the piano, singing, or songwriting. Even better, I know you will gain confidence in your musical talents.
When I was 5 years old, I decided I wanted to be a ballerina in the Augusta Ballet. And from that moment on, my lifelong love of classical music took root.
In middle school, I made the transition from dancing to playing music. Little did I realize, being a clarinet player in the Evans Middle School Band was the tip of the iceberg. I was in the Evans High School Band. I taught myself to play the flute, was in the color guard, and began taking piano lessons.
Like most people, though, I didn’t think I could make the music arts my career. I turned to my second love–helping people. I did continue my music studies at the the University of Georgia (Go Dawgs!) and graduated with a BS in Cellular Biology.
I then went to Troy University for my MSM in Health Care Management. Finally, I obtained a PhD in Health Administration from the University of Alabama at Birmingham.
In graduate school, I circled back to music and started voice lessons. I studied under Diane McNaron in Birmingham, AL.
As an educator, I’ve taught students as young as three years old. The majority of my students have been adult-learners.
My 30+ years of experience in the arts, with 25 of those in music, has brought me to this moment in my life. I enjoy sharing my passion for music through teaching and performing.
Music doesn’t take up all my time, though. I enjoy traveling, spending time with family, friend and my cats–their picture is on the front page. You can contact me through my website or find me on my personal LinkedIn page.
Dr. Jocelyn L. Steward, feel free to reach out to me on my personal LinkedIn page.
Who are you favorite artists?
Do you still play the clarinet?
Unfortunately no, I still have my clarinet and I have often thought about practicing it again. But, I have not played it in years.
What are you working on these days?
Besides growing my studio, I am working on learning how to play the guitar. Also, I’m learning how to create different sounds for the songs I write. I am learning how to play in a band. I also take music lessons; you should never stop learning.
Who is Louise Catherine?
Louise is my middle name. My family often calls me Louise. Catherine is my patron Catholic.
Request Your Free Lesson
What tips do you have for someone wanting to take music lessons?
- Work on music that you enjoy. The best thing about working with me is that I have a wide variety of musical taste. My music collection includes modern music; classical music; and everything else. Thus, you and I will find music you like to work on.
- Find a teacher that tailors lessons to what you want to do. I design our lessons to be sure that you are working towards YOUR goals.
- Schedule time to work on your craft. Planning time for practicing or writing is important in order to see improvement.
- Be realistic. While everyone wants to be the next big musician, understand that it takes time to learn any new skill.
- Find a studio that offers flexibility. Oftentimes, I hear students stop taking lessons because the studio doesn’t offer flexible options. At LCMS, we offer studio, in-home, and online lessons. In addition, we different options for payment such as monthly and discounted packages. Most importantly, I offer the ability to change your schedule and make-up classes (in-home and online lessons only).
- Have fun. Learning to play the piano, sing, or write songs should be fun. I work hard to make sure my students are having fun learning something new