Louise Catherine Music Studio
the keys to unlocking excellenCE in music
Time Heals Nothing Introduction – Original piece by Jocelyn L. Steward from the Louise Catherine Music Studio
Get a complimentary online piano, voice, or songwriting lesson today.
What are the benefits of taking music lessons at a music studio?
- Music relaxes the mind and reduces anxiety and depression. Undoubtedly, we live in a chaotic and stressful world. Playing music or writing a song allows one to have a positive outlet to reduce the stresses of the day.
- Improves academic skills and boosts self-esteem. Voice lessons increase self-esteem by learning important public performing skills. Songwriting involves understanding how music forms together to create a cohesive sound. Pianist manage different musical staffs that boost analytical abilities.
- Learn to accept constructive criticism. Musicians learn to accept that constructive criticism is feedback. This feedback helps to improve our talents.
Three of the most frequently asked questions students have about taking music lessons
I strive to provide the best information for my current and future students. These are three of the most commonly asked questions students have.
What is the best age to start your child with private classes?
My first student was my nephew, who I started teaching at 3 years old. Before that, we had lots of time together singing and making music with toys. At 3, I do not think my nephew would have been old enough to take lessons from a non-relative.
I personally believe that 6 years old is the earliest age one should start having their child taught by a professional teacher. The reasoning is that by the time the child is 6, he/she has already attended pre-K and kindergarten and has developed the skills necessary to successfully interact with adults.
I am an adult, will I be successful at learning something new?
Absolutely. I am an adult and I am currently taking guitar lessons. It is never too early or late to learn how to play an instrument. Students of all ages and abilities are welcome here. Whether you are a beginner or would like to pick up where you left, I can design a plan that best fits your goals.
What is the average price for private lessons?
The average price for private music lesson will vary tremendously depending on a many factors. Unfortunately, because each studio is different, there isn’t a clear answer to this question. Some factors to consider when evaluating the price of lessons include:
- Location – Urban areas (music lessons Atlanta, GA) will be at a higher rate that non-urban areas (Ludowici, GA)
- Length of the lessons – 30 minutes vs 45 vs 60 minutes
- Skill level of teacher – Teachers with teaching experience and advanced degrees charge more
- Extra services – Registration fees, recital fees, book fees will add to the cost
- In-person vs. Online – Online fees are typically cheaper than in-person fees
- In-home vs. In-studio – Teachers that travel to your home will typically charge more to cover the transportation costs