Time Heals Nothing Introduction – Original piece by Jocelyn L. Steward from the Louise Catherine Music Studio
Louise Catherine Music Studio
the keys to unlocking excellenCE in music
Music studio offering lessons in piano, voice, and songwriting.
What type of classes do you offer?
How can I get started?
What are the benefits of taking music lessons at a music studio?
- Music relaxes the mind and reduces anxiety and depression. Undoubtedly, we live in a chaotic and stressful world. Playing music or writing a song allows one to have a positive outlet to reduce the stresses of the day.
- Improves academic skills and boosts self-esteem. Voice lessons increase self-esteem by learning important public performing skills. Songwriting involves understanding how music forms together to create a cohesive sound. Pianist manage different musical staffs that boost analytical abilities.
- Learn to accept constructive criticism. Musicians learn to accept that constructive criticism is feedback. This feedback helps to improve our talents.
Three of the most frequently asked questions students have about taking music lessons
I strive to provide the best information for my current and future students. These are three of the most commonly asked questions students have.
What is the best age to start your child with private classes?
My first student was my nephew, who I started teaching at 3 years old. Before that, we had lots of time together singing and making music with toys. At 3, I do not think my nephew would have been old enough to take lessons from a non-relative.
I personally believe that 6 years old is the earliest age one should start having their child taught by a professional teacher. The reasoning is that by the time the child is 6, he/she has already attended pre-K and kindergarten and has developed the skills necessary to successfully interact with adults.
I am an adult, will I be successful at learning something new?
Absolutely. I am an adult and I am currently taking guitar lessons. It is never too early or late to learn how to play an instrument. Students of all ages and abilities are welcome here. Whether you are a beginner or would like to pick up where you left, I can design a plan that best fits your goals.
What is the average price for private lessons?
The average price for private music lesson will vary tremendously depending on a many factors. Unfortunately, because each studio is different, there isn’t a clear answer to this question. Some factors to consider when evaluating the price of lessons include:
- Location – Urban areas (music lessons Atlanta, GA) will be at a higher rate that non-urban areas (Ludowici, GA)
- Length of the lessons – 30 minutes vs 45 vs 60 minutes
- Skill level of teacher – Teachers with teaching experience and advanced degrees charge more
- Extra services – Registration fees, recital fees, book fees will add to the cost
- In-person vs. Online – Online fees are typically cheaper than in-person fees
- In-home vs. In-studio – Teachers that travel to your home will typically charge more to cover the transportation costs
Still have questions? Send me an email and I will return your message ASAP
Read what our students have to say!
Jocelyn was able to supply me with material I desperately needed. Jocelyn is very responsive and supportive. During our lessons, she is able to determine problem areas to help me be successful
I used Dr. Steward to assist me in writing a song for my wedding anniversary. She also helped me to prepare to sing. I wasn’t sure I could do it but she worked with me and my wife was pleasantly surprised.
My daughter has enjoyed working with Ms. Jocelyn. My daughter had begged me to take singing lessons and I just wasn’t sure she would enjoy it. Ms. Jocelyn spends time developing a plan specific to your needs and I appreciate the extra attention.
- Top-notch Music Professional! The best decision I ever made was chose Jocelyn as my Instructor. She has worked closely with me to blossom my music passion – I couldn’t be more grateful!
- Great place for those who love music they offered me timings of my choice and fee was afford able for me. They offered me class timings of my choice. A place of musical values.
- It’s the best place to study in, they offer great online lessons too. The prices are very awesome, they are very flexible with the times for my needs and the people are very nice 🙂
- This has been an exceptional experience. My son is taking lessons with Ms. Jocelyn and is loving it. He has really come a long way musically, but he is confident and excited about his lessons and also school. For any parent who is considering music lessons, give Jocelyn a call. If you aren’t musical, or you are shy or uncertain, give her a call. Music is such an important part of our lives and learning how to make music is a wonderful thing, but having a great teacher is invaluable!
- She’s a very nice teacher, the prices are awesome, hours are very flexible and I can see that she is very professional. Recommended. As an older student, I wasn’t sure if I was too old to take lessons. She helped me to realize I’m not.